About Us FAQ´s


When can the reissue of passport be made?


You can apply for re-issue of passport if you want another passport in lieu of an existing passport for any of the following reasons:

    • Change in existing personal particulars.
    • Validity expired / Due to expire.
    • Exhaustion of pages.
    • Damaged passport.
    • Lost passport.

You will find complete details, including fee payable, under ‘Passport Services’.


How do I apply for a passport ?


You would need to fill the application form Online NRI Passport Application (https://passport.gov.in/nri/Online.do).  Thereafter, print a hard copy and submit along with the documents and fees at the Embassy.

  1. Those residing in and around Lima should submit their applications in person at the Embassy. 

All those residing at far away places in Peru and in Bolivia may courier (with return courier) to:  

Attache (Consular),
Embassy of India, Av. Salaverry 3006,
San Isidro, LIMA - 27.

In order to confirm that the applicant is residing in Peru or in Bolivia, person applying by courier should also send a letter from a Peruvian or a Bolivian Resident certifying that the applicant is a resident of Peru or Bolivia.


I have a one-month old baby? Does the baby require a separate passport or can the name be endorsed in one of the parents’ passport?


Endorsement of child's name in parent's passports is no longer acceptable. As such, a minor needs to have a separate passport.


Is it true that passport applications for minors under 18 require consent of either both parents or legal guardian?

A: Yes, either the parents or legal guardian should give consent for issue of passport to a minor.


I wish to apply for a passport for my child who is 12 months old. Can I apply for a 60 pages booklet?


No. Only 36 pages passport booklet are issued to minors.


I want to apply for my minor child's passport. I hold a valid passport but spouse name is not endorsed. Can I apply for my child's passport without submitting my passport copy?


Spouse name should be endorsed on the parent's passport for issue of passport to a minor child.


My spouse is living in another country. How do I get his/her signature for consent while applying for my child's passport?


Consent of the spouse, who is abroad, is required for submitting the application of their child. It should be in the form of a Sworn Affidavit duly attested by the Indian Embassy/Consulate abroad.


What do I do if I lose my passport?


Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station and to the Indian Embassy. You can apply for "Re-issue" of passport and submit the required documents along with your passport application form.


What can I do if I have lost my passport and have to travel to India urgently due to an emergency like serious illness or death in the family?


You need to contact the Indian Mission to apply for issuance of another Passport. An Emergency Certificate (EC) may also be issued for returning to India after due verifications.


My passport is nearly full but is valid for another 3 years, is it possible to add extra pages?


Additional pages are not added to a passport booklet any longer.  If the pages in the passport booklet have exhausted, you would need to apply for "Re-issue" of passport and submit Online NRI application form. A new passport booklet would be issued to you.


My passport will expire in 2 years. What should I do?


You can apply for a re-issue of passport up to 1 year before the expiry or within three years after the expiry of the existing passport without fresh police verification.


My appearance has changed. What should I do?


To change the photograph in the passport, you have to apply for "Re-issue" of passport.


What is the process to change the date/place of birth/address in the passport?


To change the date/place of birth/address in the passport, you have to apply for a "Re-issue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars.


My spouse is a foreign citizen. What document(s) do I need to submit along with my passport application to include his/her name in my passport?


For the applicants whose spouse is a foreign citizen and the name needs to be included in the passport, Marriage Certificate issued by Foreign Government, duly attested/apostilled should be submitted.


I recently got married/divorced. How do I change my name on my passport?


To change the name in the passport, you have to apply for a "Re-issue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars.


How do I apply for a Police clearance Certificate (PCC)?


You can submit the filled in Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form. You need to attach the self-attested photocopies of following documents along with the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form:

  1. Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages. 
  2. Proof of Present Address (if address is different from the one mentioned on passport).


What is the validity of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?


There is no validity specified for PCC. PCC is not exactly a Passport Service. PCC is a requirement of foreign governments for grant of immigration/ work/residence/family visa/permit.. Generally it is considered valid for six months.